Duration: 4 years
Electrical engineers develop, test and inspect the design of electrical equipment such as electric motors, radar and navigation systems, communication systems or power generation equipment. Electrical engineers also design the electrical systems of cars and airplanes.
What Does an Electrical and Electronics Engineer Do? What are the Duties and Responsibilities?
Electrical and electronics engineers; They can take part in any phase of a project, including the initial phase of a project, the design and development phase, the testing of prototypes, the final production and implementation of a new product or system. The responsibilities of electrical and electronics engineers, who have a wide working area, can be grouped under the following headings;
- To design new systems, circuits and devices or to improve existing technology,
- Planning and developing applications and modifications for electronic features used in parts and systems in order to improve technical performance,
- Determining the electrical system requirements, capacity and cost,
- Performing direct manufacture, installation and testing of electrical equipment,
- Establishing maintenance and test procedures for electronic components and equipment,
- Inspecting electronic equipment, vehicles and systems to ensure that they comply with safety standards and applicable regulations,
- Designing new ways to use electrical power to develop products,
- To follow the defined product development processes and to write technical reports,
- Making sure that safety regulations are followed.
What Education Is Required To Become An Electrical Electronics Engineer?
In order to become an electrical and electronics engineer, it is necessary to obtain a bachelor's degree from the 4-year Electrical and Electronics departments of universities.
Requirements for Electrical Electronics Engineer
The general qualifications sought in electrical and electronics engineers who come to the fore with their analytical thinking aspect are as follows;
- Good level of technical knowledge and knowledge of information technologies,
- To have the concentration to follow multiple design elements and technical features,
- To keep up with the changes in technology,
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to explain their designs and logic clearly,
- To have a strong mathematical thinking direction,
- To have the characteristics of being creative, innovative and attentive to details,
- To have organizational, project management and leadership skills.
Check top private universities to study electrical and electronics engineering in Turkey!