Istanbul prepars itself to host thousands of students this year, as it does every year. Most of them are excited and some are nervous. Especially those who have never visited Istanbul, only know the city from social media or TV. So what is Istanbul like? Is it possible to live in this city as a university student? How many universities does Istanbul has? What is the climate and weather like? And of course, social life... Istanbul is the liveliest, most energetic and a little salty... Is it an ideal city for students, let's see what is in this huge city?
What will be waiting for you when you come to Istanbul as a student?
Where to live, what to eat and drink, where to go, where to stay away, how to use public transportation?
Here is useful information in 10 steps for students on the way to Istanbul!
- Everybody's common concern in Istanbul is transportation. The way to be least affected by this problem is to be able to use public transportation effectively. Bus, minibus, metro, metrobus, tram, Marmaray and sea transportation... There are public transportation that you can easily reach everywhere in Istanbul.
- However, making good use of time and being fast is very important at this stage. Also, do not underestimate the discount card advantages offered to students, it will work for you.
- If you are coming to Istanbul to study, your first choice in terms of accommodation should definitely be a dormitory suitable for you. Istanbul is not such an easy and cheap city that you can go home when you say so.
- You should determine your planning, budget and of course your roommate very well. In the city, we accept a little bit of rented. But, if you do not have to; It would be wise to rent a nice house in some remote districts that are easy to access.
- As we said, if you do not experience transportation problems in Istanbul, you will not be offended.
- An active student life... You should make good use of extracurricular social activities and participate actively in order to enrich your university life. School clubs are a great option to take the first step!
- If you don't want to do your study activities at home, if you feel overwhelmed, we will suggest you a few quiet places: Minoa, MOC, Fil bookshop and cafe, Fahriye and Akademi 1971...
- Of course, apart from that, Istanbul has its beautiful historical texture, forests and museums. Good news for art and history lovers! Istanbul is a city that has hosted thousands of civilizations, cultures and religions.
- Historical baths, madrasahs, palaces and mansions that you should definitely see and visit in Istanbul, the land of civilizations, await you. It is impossible not to be captivated on this journey from Sultanahmet to Dolmabahçe Palace.
- In Istanbul, there are many cheap food restaurants and fast-food cafes for students who are too lazy to cook at home - even if there is no mother's meal. However, when you feel healthier and enjoy meals like your family's home, you can also evaluate the Artisan restaurants. In short, no matter where you live in Istanbul, you will not have trouble eating.
- Never without fun! It is not possible to come to Istanbul and get bored; entertainment life is always lively and active. Kadıköy, Beşiktaş, Bebek, Ortaköy, Caddebostan, Taksim and many other districts are important addresses of entertainment in Istanbul. You can find many places and activities where you can have a pleasant time with your friends at any time of the day. In addition to this, festival and concert traffic is also quite heavy.
- If you are in search of different places where you can spend time especially on weekends as you find time for lessons, be sure to explore the Islands and the Black Sea coasts. You can rent a bicycle with your group of friends and have a pleasant day in Prince Islands and enjoy delicious meals against the sea view. You should also definitely taste Island ice cream. In order to get away from the noise and exam stress of the city, you can use your preference in places such as Şile, Ağva, Kilyos.
- Istanbul is a city where a university student can develop and train himself. Here, it is up to you to start your business life one step ahead by studying at university. Instead of living an empty student life, we recommend you to spend the last 2 years working in a suitable place for the job you want to do, gaining experience or doing an internship. It is also very important that you gain experience during these years. There are many conferences you will attend, ample internship opportunities and technical trips.
- We admit, Istanbul is a city that has become concrete. However, it still contains more hidden natural wonders. This city will enchant you with its parks, pavilions and forests. Especially during the exam period, you can get rid of the negative energy you can feel with the effect of the increasing tempo, by traveling in nature and listening to the sound of nature. Discover natural areas such as Maçka Park, Belgrad Forest, Atatürk Arboretum!
- Beşiktaş and Kadıköy are the most frequent meeting points for university students. The days of Beşiktaş matches are full of people. With its tea garden in Beşiktaş and Moda, its beautiful, boutique venues and its colorful population, Kadıköy will be one of the places where you will frequently come. While on your way to Kadıköy, don't forget to stop by Bar Street and Imge Sahaf. Districts such as Karaköy, Kabataş, Fındıklı, Beşiktaş, Kadıköy, Üsküdar, which are located on the coast, both have historical beauties and you can always find a bench on their shores to take a long look at the sea and clear your mind. You can even take your fishing line and join people fishing on Galata Bridge.
Finally, we searched for the best times to go home in Istanbul!
Students usually evacuate houses in June and July, so the summer season is a bit hot; Since real estate agents and owners know this scheme well, rents increase a little during this period. Negotiate, definitely try to lower the price, the deposit. Due to the transportation conditions and the presence of many schools in the vicinity, many students live in Beşiktaş, Şişli and their vicinity in Europe, and the student population is high in Kadıköy, Üsküdar and Kozyatağı in Anatolia. But in these regions, rents are one click high.
Why apply through Study Sehir company?
- Our services are 100% free of charge without any additional costs or expenses.
- We help you choose the right major for you, and we also deliver your university admission free of charge.
- As we are accredited agents of universities in Turkey; We provide special and exclusive discounts on the tuition fees.
- We offer you full support to obtain a Turkish visa.
- We help you to obtain a Turkish phone line, and extract your transport card.
- We help you in providing suitable housing.
- We can assist you with equalizing your certification.
- We assign an employee to accompany you and assist you during the registration procedures at the university.
- We help you complete the residence procedures.
- We provide you with free health insurance for treatment in state hospitals.
- We offer you full support during your studies until graduation in addition to post-graduation services, as well as receiving you and your family from the airport for a pre-determined cost.
Best time to study in Turkey, to visit cradle of civilization!